Saturday, October 15, 2016

Nubian Heritage: African Black Soap



African black soap has been on my to-try list for years now, and I must say I'm enjoying using it so far. This Nubian Heritage soap features all-natural ingredients and a fairly strong fragrance. I don't mind it so much, especially as it doesn't really leave any smell when you use it, but just a warning for those who might be sensitive to scents.



What I really like about this product is how well it lathers up. I use it as a body wash and on my face after first cleansing with an oil-based product. I've found that if I only use the oil-based product, I will often get breakouts afterwards. If I instead use this or another non-oil cleanser after, I'm much less likely to get a reaction. 


So far I would say this is no miracle-worker (but really no skincare product is), but it's enjoyable to use and does the trick in keeping my breakouts at bay. For reference, I have dry to combination skin, with a tendency for breakouts in the chin area. I still get a couple now and again, but this has made a difference. I'm definitely a fan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment