Sunday, March 30, 2014

Bath & Body Works: Fresh Picked Lip Butters Review


I've been suffering from chronically dry, peeling lips for months now (maybe too much info, but seriously, a huge pain). I've tried multiple lip products in the period, and unfortunately most seem to provide only temporary relief, or in some cases even make my lips feel worse. I tried these on during a visit to B&BW, and to my surprise they've worked wonders in making my lips feel normal again.


I can apply these about once every few hours, and my lips are left nourished. I even put them on overnight and wake up with soft, moist lips despite having the heater continually run. They're definitely a bit shiny on the lips, but don't feel sticky. Since they were on a buy 2 get 1 free deal I went ahead and purchased all three flavors (Market Peach, Pink Passion Fruit, and Garden Strawberries), and so far all three seem about the same in texture.

The product is generally colorless, leaving only a faint sheen of color on the lips that mostly blends out. The flavor is quite pleasant but very subtle - you can smell it just slightly after application, but it's not distracting (unlike some of The Body Shop lip butters).


The consistency is quite firm and buttery, a little thicker and harder to spread than petroleum jelly. I was relieved to see that they don't contain any petrolatum, as experience has taught me that my lips really don't agree with that. Unfortunately the stick versions of this line do contain petroleum, which is why I opted for the tins despite their less application-friendly design.

They retail at $8.50 each, so compared to other major brands are a decent deal when stacked with the promotion. I expect this to last quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment