Sunday, April 3, 2016

Ipsy: February 2016 Glam Bag Unboxing


I wasn't nearly as impressed with my February box as I had been with my January one to tell the truth. The products generally seemed pretty cheap or were just items I knew I wouldn't use much, not to mention I'd already received the Pink Gel Coat as a deluxe sample from a Sephora haul I had done earlier. Let's go through what I'd received:

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil


This was easily the best product in the box, but pity I'm not a big primer user. I did try it a couple times and enjoyed it - the thing that impresses me the most is the quality, natural ingredients that are in this oil (no cheap mineral oil here!) I still have most of this sitting around, but I guess that's a reminder for me to start using it up. 

Pure Brazilian Deep Conditioning Hair Masque


This product I haven't even touched, mainly because hair masks are another product I rarely if ever have time for, especially when the product calls for you to leave it in for 15-20 minutes. I just don't get how you can, since these are products you have to use after shampooing. So am I meant to shampoo, then sit around in the bath for 20 mins? Or go out soaking wet and then come back into the shower after 20 mins to rinse off again? Just not practical. 

Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind, Sparkling Lipgloss in Pink Sequin 



Sorry again Ipsy, but this product looked and felt like the kind of tacky, cheap makeup you would sell to a ten-year-old. It's glittery beyond comprehension, which isn't completely bad but just isn't the type of look that I can go sporting around in my mid-20s. Similarly, the packaging is absolute cheapness defined - plain plastic white tube and a rather middling brush. I will try to somehow use it up, but right now, not impressed.

Paula Dorf Baby Eyes Enhancer


This one isn't terrible, but again is not something I would ever buy for myself as the ingredients list is again full of cheap ingredients. The texture isn't horrible, as it's soft enough for use in the undereye area (which is where I apply it). It just isn't a wow product, and again it's something I have to force myself to use up.

Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat


This product was floating all over Sephora stores and apparently on subscription services, and I was suckered into using my insider points for it. Unfortunately, it was only after receiving it that I looked at the ingredients, and found that it features formaldehyde(!) Should have figured, and goes to show you definitely cannot trust what the big retail stores are featuring. Nice packaging that totally deceived me about the junk nature of the product inside.


Luckily as you'll see soon, my March glam bag was quite a step up. But another one of these bags and I probably would quit Ipsy - I'd rather use that $10 a month on one product I'll actually get good use from rather than a handful of essential junk. Will keep you guys posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment