Monday, May 30, 2016

The Best Tinted Lip Balms: Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm


This has truly been a life-changing discovery for my lips, and I don't say that lightly. I have the worst dry lips ever, which seemed to always get flaky during the day no matter what balms I put in. Traditional lipsticks usually would make them worse, and cause them to start peeling.

But not with these Burt's Bees lip balms. These were so hard to track down as they were sold out in almost all drugstores, and for good reason as they're truly an amazing product. The pigmentation is incredible on the lips - I know it's hard to tell from the swatches since I used a fairly light hand on them, but on the lips they are rich and vivid, better than most lipsticks. Even better, they never make my lips chapped. In fact, after a week of regular use, my lips actually improved in texture, and I stopped getting so much flakiness! I'm not exaggerating either - try it out!

From left to right: Rose, Zinnia, and Hibiscus

I love that Burt's Bees products are always made of natural ingredients, which is especially important for the lips since you wind up eating most of the products you apply.

From top to bottom: Rose, Hibiscus, Zinnia
I can't recommend these enough. My favorite color out of the three I've tried is Hibiscus - it's a beautifully rich pinkish red shade that's so flattering on my Asian skintone. Rose is also good, though oddly enough is less pigmented upon application and more of a warm red relative to Hibiscus. Zinnia is close to my natural lip color and makes for a nice nude shade. They all have a faintly floral scent and give your lips a slight shine. For those who are also not fans of the pepperminty feel of the original Burt's Bees balms, don't worry as that's not present here.

Overall I plan to stock up and use these for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment