Saturday, February 8, 2014

SK-II Cellumination Mask-In Lotion


I purchased this item almost a year ago, during a phase of skincare obsession. It's a very pricey product, retailing at $75, though I got it during a Sephora discount period for just over $60. Relative to the rest of the SK-II line, this is actually quite "affordable", in that their typical products retail for well over $100. I'll admit I haven't really used the others in the line, but was quite disappointed with this product.

For starters, even after months of use I'm still confused as to what this product is designed to do. The description states it's "A mask in the form of a toning lotion that delivers immediate and long-lasting hydration." It describes it as a pre-lotion that's meant to enhance hydration. The fluid has a slightly milky and very runny consistency. Unfortunately, I've found minimal to zero hydration benefits, which rather goes against its definition as both a "mask" and "lotion". On the plus side, there's zero residue, as the product absorbs quickly and disappears almost immediately on the skin. But that leaves me skeptical as to whether it's actually done anything.

On the anti-aging front, I've also not noticed any difference. I've used other creams and products that get the job done far better than this seems to. Overall, it's like a very expensive water for the skin, and I will not be repurchasing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment