Friday, October 31, 2014

Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne Review


This was very much a splurge for me, and one I had wanted for literally years. Even with a 10% discount from Neiman Marcus this was still $54 for a one-ounce bottle, which is pretty excessive considering I'd previously never spent more than about $15 for a perfume. Jo Malone is just one of those brands that everyone touts, and I had sampled it in-store a couple times.

Unfortunately, I can't say I would repurchase this, as for some reason this scent doesn't smell nearly as good as I remembered it being when I first tried it. I recall it being heavenly sweet and fruity, but when I spray mine, there's this weird "fresh" undertone that I don't remember being there before, not to mention it isn't nearly as sweet as I recall. I do find it wearable, but I'm not in love with it, and part of me regrets not picking up the Red Roses scent instead.

My lesson learned here is that unfortunately few products are able to withstand personal expectations, even when you've tried them on a couple times. Maybe this bottle got shaken around too much, and I'll have to compare next time I'm in the store, but I think I'd rather just stock up on Victoria's Secret body mists for a fraction of the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment