Monday, August 18, 2014

Healthy Eating: Quick Breakfast for School & Work


I admit that breakfast is hardly usually my first priority, especially on busy school/work mornings, which generally involve me grabbing a granola bar or opting out entirely for a coffee with soy milk. But I am trying to improve on that, and today wanted to show a fairly easy, relatively healthy breakfast I've been enjoying.


It's a simple stack of pre-made waffles with half a banana and pure maple syrup. I'm enjoying the Van's gluten-free waffles, which are already lightly sweetened with fruit juice. However, the texture is a bit dry and crumbly at points, which I suppose goes with the gluten-free aspect. At any rate, this is filling and enjoyable even as a dessert (which I confess to doing more often than not).

Still on the hunt for good breakfast ideas, so feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment