Friday, November 7, 2014

Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm


Back in February, I ordered a bottle of the very-hyped Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm from feelunique.com. The product has me mixed, and the shipping was honestly horrible - it took over a month for this to get to me, and for some reason my box didn't come with a muslin cloth. Not sure if this is some cheaper packaging or whatever, but disappointing.

I've been using the product regularly, and while there are some aspects I find very pleasant about it, there's other qualities I don't like, and overall I don't think I'll be repurchasing considering the high price tag and difficult accessibility.



The aspects I do like are the scent, which is a nice and light herbal, the all-natural ingredients, and the nourishing, non-drying nature of the balm. This is far, far better than the only other cleansing balm I've tried, The Body Shop Camomile one. It leaves my skin feeling moisturized and gently cleansed.

However, what I don't like is that it's frankly horrible at removing make-up, leaving obvious patches of foundation and smears of eyeliner on if you use this alone. I've also decided that I'm not a fan of the cleansing balm texture. Personally, I find it potentially damaging in the long-term to have to massage and pull at your face so much when you wash it, which is unfortunately necessary with this product. You have to work it in, and similarly have to go at it to get it off. My philosophy is that such repeated aggressive action will destroy elasticity and loosen up the skin, which is definitely not what I want.

For now, I'll be sticking with my Kiehl's Calendula face wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment