Friday, January 29, 2016

Estee Lauder Daywear SPF 50 Review


I'm now 100% a Supergoop convert, but back when Estee Lauder was running its free gift with purchase I went ahead and spent the $35 to get a hold of the Daywear SPF 50 sunscreen. All in all, it's a pretty decent sunscreen that skews on the more greasy side, but still works for the face and is easy to apply.  




As a major label product, it's not surprising that this product contains some of the less healthy sunscreen ingredients like oxybenzone. But at least there's no retinyl palmitate, and as a boost it also contains sodium hyaluronate, making it a nice dual mix of sunscreen + moisturizer. 

I would massage it over my face each morning, and found it easy to absorb and very hydrating (almost too much as a warning for those of you with oily skin). The product also has that familiar cucumber scent in most Estee Lauder products. 


The only issue I had was that it honestly didn't last very long. I think you can get maybe a month or two of total use from each bottle if you put it on your face alone, which is not great for a product at this price point. Basically, I think there's better sunscreens out there for a much better price. But when you combine it with the gift for purchase, which at the time landed me with a free bag as well as sample sizes of Estee Lauder skincare, it becomes a better value. Basically, I wouldn't go out solely to buy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment