Saturday, January 9, 2016

Josie Maran Whimsical Wonder Set


What I love about the post-holiday season are the sales. I took advantage of Sephora's 20% off sale section to score this Josie Maran Whimsical Wonder set for ~$20. Not a bad deal, especially if you're a fan of the brand. 



The kit includes 5 miniatures of the following:

Whipped Argan Oil Body Lotion in Be Joyful


I like this, it's exactly what you'd expect of a whipped body butter, that's nourishing yet not greasy and easy to rub in. There's nothing amazing, but it does the job. Update: I'm actually obsessed with this body butter. The texture is so beautiful and delicious, and the scent is lovely but not cloying. Very seriously considering getting the full size once it runs out, it honestly makes me want to moisturize my hands (a task that I'm normally always forgetting / too tired for). 

Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil


I've surprisingly found this more useful than I expected. Now that it's sniffling season, my nose is constantly chapped. I dab a bit of this around my nose during the day, and it's wonderfully moisturizing and nourishing. It can be on the greasy side, but as my workplace is pretty dry, I find it absorbs in quite quickly and doesn't leave me shiny for long. I even put it on my cheeks after blusher to provide a boost of shine as they say. Great and hydrating.

Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment

This is like a night cream, and I dab a bit over my face at night. Like all of her products, it's on the hydrating side, but I like it as it sinks in well and seems to actually be effective in locking in moisture.



Pure Argan Oil

I never got on the bandwagon with this, but now that I have it I find it surprisingly easy and nice to drop a bit of this into my normal body lotion. I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes, but I feel like it can't hurt? I don't use this directly on my skin as I think that would be too greasy, but as a supplement it's nice.

Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47

I've used a full bottle of this in the past and remember liking it but finding it a bit greasy at times. Now that it's winter I don't mind as much, and I love that it's made with natural ingredients unlike so many sunblocks out there. And on the scale of things, I'd much prefer a hydrating formula than a chalky sunblock given the number of hours I spend in dry, heated places.


Overall, I think this was a great value for the price, and I'm certain that I can easily use up all the products. This range is definitely meant more for those with dry skin (I'm on the borderline of normal / dry), as naturally oily people may find it a bit heavy. But honestly, I think in the winter everyone can benefit from hydration, and we all know staying hydrated and keeping the skin moist is one of the most effective anti-aging tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment